Did you realize that while you’re trying to make your family’s clothes snuggly-soft and static-free you may be doing more harm than good?
It’s true: Many commercial dryer sheets are loaded with chemicals and fragrances that can be absorbed into the skin and have nasty side effects. Some of the chemicals are even listed on the Environmental Protection Agency’s Hazardous Waste list! And those chemicals are being absorbed into your skin and into your bloodstream.
You won’t find a list of ‘ingredients’ on the package of most dryer sheets; but, according to SixWise.com, here are some chemicals that have been found in dryer sheets and mainstream fabric softeners:
- Benzyl acetate: Linked to pancreatic cancer
- Benzyl Alcohol: Upper respiratory tract irritant
- Ethanol: On the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Hazardous Waste list and can cause central nervous system disorders
- Limonene: Known carcinogen
- A-Terpineol: Can cause respiratory problems, including fatal edema, and central nervous system damage
- Ethyl Acetate: A narcotic on the EPA Hazardous Waste list
- Camphor: Causes central nervous system disorders
- Chloroform: Neurotoxic, anesthetic and carcinogenic
- Linalool: A narcotic that causes central nervous system disorders
- Pentane: A chemical known to be harmful if inhaled
There is a safe alternative for you and your family.
Shaklee Dryer Sheets are completely safe and non-toxic. They are also better for the environment because they are recyclable. They’re veggie-based. They’re biodegradable. And they even split in two in the dryer for fair and just distribution of soft, static-free goodness to every, last humble pillowcase.
Here’s a little more information on these innovative new way to keep your clothes soft and static-free:
Comparable to Snuggle® and Bounce® Pure EssemcialsTM Dryer Sheets at softening and static reduction.* Plus, you can throw the whole thing in the recycling bin.
- Softens clothes and helps prevent wrinkles.
- No fragrance.
- Effectively reduces static cling.
- Uses vegetable-derived softening agents.
- Safe with all washable fabrics.
- Tear in half during the drying cycle to distribute softness
throughout the load.
- No fragrance
- Biodegradable sheets
- Recyclable sheets
* This performance comparison was conducted on May 19, 2010, and is valid only for the named products marketed at that time. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.